Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Nature ....

Oh how I love nature! I sure hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I took the weekend away from the computer and spent time with my family and nature. Actually Ollie had games Friday night and Saturday night. Saturday during the day I worked around the house on routine chores with the windows wide open. Wanted to get out in the yard, but the boys wouldn't let me in the back. LOL

Sunday morning they let me go out back to see three lovely hanging baskets and several flats of summer flowers. Wooohoooo time to play in the dirt. If you say yuck to that statement I highly encourage you to go out and play in the dirt with an open mind and see how you feel afterwards. For me it's refreshing and renewing. I spent Sunday cleaning out flower beds, trimming back dead branches on the roses, crepe myrtles, azaleas and rhodies. The up and down weather with that last ice storm was particularly hard on some of my stuff. I lost 4, possibly 5, rose bushes a lot of azalea branches but they are blooming beautifully. The rhodies look really awful but I'm not going to do much trimming on them until they bloom and I can see how bad the damage is. Regardless, being outside, catching some rays, digging in the dirt and cleaning up the beds is so rewarding. I am very sore after all that, but in the long run it feels so worth it. Did a little yesterday and am ready to start putting my new plants in the ground. I also have some columbine and dahlias that need to be planted too as well as two aster and two mums that need to be moved. Now if only I didn't have to go to work!

Bad side of the gorgeous weather and nature ..... ALLERGIES! Nuff said! LOL

No comments: