Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's Humpy Day ...

The folks were here last week so I spent time visiting with them. It had been quite a while since they had visited so it was nice to see them and catch up. I kept meaning to take a picture of their big rig parked in front of my house, but wouldn't you know that I forgot!

Don finally decided this year that we would put some sort of border on the vegetable garden. This is great because keeping the yard from invading the garden is always a problem. Not to mention that the garden is higher than the yard and I've been known to twist my ankle on the in between part more than once! Anyhow, he decided that he should also put the same type border on my rose garden instead of the one that was there so that they would match. Sunday we went and got enough wood to do both. Monday he was able to get the rose bed done. I really like this border better. You will only see the top two logs once he backfills in. The garden will be 4 logs high instead of the three. I can't wait to see how great it is going to look! Once he is done with the borders, he is going to level out the backyard some and we'll plant some grass seed.


I finished planting all my little seedlings (I started a bunch of sunflower and sweet pea seeds in little peat pots a few weeks ago). I can't believe how good they are doing already. If they thrive over the summer, I'm going to try starting a lot more stuff from seed next year. I'll also start earlier inside so they are ready to plant outside as soon as the weather gets warm next year. My flower beds are really starting to bloom and look beautiful. I really really enjoy them!
I'm working on several kits simultaneously right now. I can't seem to focus on just one, so I've been working on whatever inspires me instead of trying to force creativity on one. I guess than means maybe I'll have a whole bunch of new stuff all at once. I'm also thinking about bundling some of my current kits with their matching alphas and albums at a reduced cost if you buy the bundle.
I need to get working on a June wallpaper for Don. Not sure what I'm going to do for this one. Maybe something from our Myrtle Beach pictures from last summer. I'm a little sad that we won't be going this year.
Keep your eyes open, I'm working on a blog freebie. Hopefully by the end of the week.

No comments: