Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Spring ....

So spring is sure getting a slow start around here. It's still much colder than usual and the spring flowers are slow in coming up. I've got tulips, hyacinth and daffodils peeking out of the ground, but not close to blooming yet. My neighbor has a different type of daffodil and his are up and bloomed, I'm enjoying looking at his! Here is a picture I took last spring. I need to get the camera out and be ready to start snapping when mine finally come up.

Good news is the weather has kept the ice nice for tryouts this week. They decided to hold tryouts on our home ice and the rink obliged by staying open until after they were done. They usually shut down after the season ends in March because our rink is primarily outdoors. So the ice is nice and hard and tryouts are flying along. Tonight and tomorrow night ... and then we have an answer. Didn't anyone ever realize that it's a lot more pressure on us hockey moms than the players? He looked good though so probably no reason to worry.

The new girl at work has decided that this isn't the place for her and is leaving at the end of the week. Probably a good thing as I don't think she was a good fit here either. Bad news is the few things I had been able to turn over to her now come back to my desk. The worst is I have to answer the phone all the time again. Blah!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

No comments: