Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Humpy Day ...

Last weekend was great! We were worried on Friday as we watched the black storm clouds roll in before the concert. We stopped and got emergency ponchos just in case and boy were we glad about that! It rained from the time we arrived for the concert (about an hour early) all the way through the first opening act. It started to taper off between the 1st and 2nd opening act and the rest of the evening ended up being really nice. We were pretty wet by the time it got nice, but the concert was incredible and nobody seemed to care about being a little damp. The three opening acts were Saving Abel, Papa Roach and Hinder. I didn't think I knew who there were, but each one sang a couple of songs that I did know. They were all very good but Papa Roach was definitely the best of the three. Of course none of that mattered when Nickelback came out. Hands down one of the best concerts I've ever seen! We would love to see them again! Ollie had his camera there and took some photos. I don't think they probably came out well, but I'll have to post if any of them are decent. Below is one from my phone of Ollie in his poncho when it was still raining.



Saturday was a trip to Gettysburg and Sunday was a trip to Valley Forge on the way home. Took lots of pictures and Ollie was super happy to get his history fix in. All in all a great family weekend with lots of fun and laughs.

I'm sad to find out a former co-worker of mine died over the weekend. He was in his early 40's and it was so sudden. I'm heart broken for his family, friends and co-workers. He was one of the nicest people out there and I'm very sad he's gone.

I have been enjoying Facebook this week. My brother has gotten ahold of tons of old pictures. He's been scanning them in and posting them. Even though I look hideous in some of them, it's so fun to see the old pictures again. Fun to watch him and Molly growing up all over again through the pictures. Great stuff! Of course I'll be saving them myself as I have a lot of gaps in photos from my childhood. Reminds me that I need to get scanning at home. I have so many to do that it's completely overwhelming!

Better finish this for now. Tons of things I need to get done. Keep your eyes open for more posts as I have several things I need/want to get posted. Keep your eyes open for the Christmas in July event and blog train starting on Friday. I'm working on my blog train stuff and hope it's something you all will like!

No comments: