Saturday, January 19, 2008

More bad news... quickie update ....

Sorry for the lack of posting, it's been super upside down.

I got a call on Wednesday that my Papa Merlin (grandfather) was in the hospital and that they diagnosed him with cancer with only a month to live, a slight chance at two. They drained his lungs on Thursday and he was headed to a home with hospice care on Friday . He's 86 years old and they aren't giving any encouraging hope. Unfortunately I'm in New Jersey and he's in Washington state. I've made emergency plans to fly out on Monday and fly back on Thursday afternoon (arriving after midnight in NJ). It's tough $$ and time wise, but we'll have to find a way to make it work. I want to see him now and spend time with him, as opposed to flying out for a funeral. It's been 14 years since I've been back to WA, last time I was there was to bury my precious Jenn. It's going to be a super emotional trip all around.

I'm busy trying to get everything together to go, get hubby and Ollie situated and taken care of. Lots of laundry, list making, etc. Good news is that God is good... I was upset about missing Ollie's game on Wednesday, but got an e-mail from coach yesterday that the game is postponed until February. It was like a reward for doing the right thing if that makes sense.

Anyhow, Ollie was supposed to go to his first freshman dance tonight, but he just got a call from the Varsity coach and has been asked to play Varsity tonight. Yes, you guessed it.. we're going to hockey. More hockey laundry to add to the list, but that's always ok.

Of course all this on top of the partner at work being out with cancer. Fortunately we had someone start this week to help us out some. I feel better bailing on my boss for four days if he at least has someone there to help. I'll try to look into the e-mails each day and help out where I can.

Soooo.... I don't know when I'll be back online, but I'll check in if and when I can. Please say prayers that everything goes smooth, I get some quality time with Papa and that we figure the $$ situation out as needed.

Hugs to all......

No comments: