Friday, September 17, 2010

Happy Friday ....

WOW, it's been a crazy busy and very long week.  I couldn't be happier that Friday is here. 

Work has been insane after being out for a week.  I've been back for two weeks now and I'm still drowning.  I'm working my rear off to get caught up though.  Hopefully next week I get where I need to be with everything.  At least I finally got August closed so I can catch up September.

Went to the surgeon on Wednesday and they were suprised and lectured me for returning to work so soon.  They would have rather I not gone back until this coming Monday.  Can you imagine how far I would have been behind by then?  Of course pushing so hard is why I'm still as sore as I am and so terribly tired.  Good news is this week was much better than last week so I think I've definitely turned the corner.  The pathology came back clean so that was terrific news.  I can ease back into going to the gym, but no weights or core work for another couple of weeks.  No lifting stuff at home for another couple of weeks either.  Thank goodness the boys have been good about hauling the laundry basket up and down the stairs for me.

Went with Ollie to a college fair at Fairleigh Dickinson University last night.  WOW, talk about overwhelming ... there was table after table and row after row of colleges there.  Colleges are like ice rinks, you don't realize how many are out there until you start really looking.  We got some good information from a number of the colleges he's interested in, as well as some we found along our trips up and down the rows.  He's already been bombarded by mail from colleges, this ought to ramp it up good! LOL  Good news is that with his high SAT scores and GPA kit looks like he could be in for some good scholarship $$ at some of the schools he's looking at.  That would be fantastic!  Time to make a list and start visits and the application process.

My house is a mess and I need to do a serious cleaning.  Unfortunately I think pushing that might be a bad idea and I'm going to have to try and wait another week or two before I can really get done everything that needs to be taken care of.  Maybe I'll be able to get a little of done over the weekend.  I was hoping to go apple picking on Sunday, but Ollie is working 9-5 tomorrow and 12-4 on Sunday and I don't really want to go without him (he doesn't want us to go without him either).  We will have to figure something out.

Can I tell you the leaves started turning overnight last night?  Yesterday everything was green with no hint of color, this morning on the way to work I could see a little fall color here and there.  LOVE that!  Maybe I will talk hubby into a drive either tomorrow or Sunday to see if there is more color further north.

Working on some design stuff.  Digitals B'day bash is coming up and I'm trying to get together a blog freebie, grab bag and get the bonus for the scraplift challenge done.  Stay tuned for details!

Gotta run and get to tackling my mountains of things to do.  I'll leave you with a picture from apple picking last year.  LOVE this time of year!


No comments: