Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Happy Birthday to me ....

Happy Birthday to me!

Yup, today is my birthday. 29.95 + change is my story and I'm sticking to it. Can I tell you how wonderful our world is to be able to so easily connect with friends and family? I love Facebook! I've reconnected with so many people and it's a wonderful thing to sign on today and see so many happy birthday messages. Really makes a girl feel special.

Best birthday gift of all is one I'm giving myself by trying to get healthier. I joined the gym a little over a month ago and I've been a very good girl about going regularly. I can't say that I'm in love with it, although I find it less inconvenient than I thought I would. Some days I actually look forward to going, other days I truly dread it. Some days I go and all goes smoothly, other days are a struggle to get through no matter what I do. It's those days that I have to lecture myself that if I shortchange the workout that the next time it becomes easier to do so. Why is it so easy to sabotage ourselves, but so hard to do what is good for us?

Anyhow, long story short, one of the best birthday gifts of all is that I'm wearing a shirt that I bought 2 or 3 years ago and have never worn because it just didn't fit right. While the scale is NOT my friend right now, something must be going right because clothes are just fitting differently. I'm thrilled to be wearing a shirt that I was so uncomfortable in just a month or so ago. Now if I could just get that darn scale to move in the right direction!

No comments: