Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thank you!

Thank you to everyone who left me really sweet comments on my blog and the 4shared downloads for the blog train! It was fun to see some of the same faces each day and that you took the time out to visit my stop and leave me some love. Thank you!

It's been a crazy couple of weeks for me. Behind the scenes of the blog train I've been running around like a crazy woman trying to keep things together. Our server started to die at work and we now have a brand new one and the swap over was tough. I think we are pretty much back on track now, but not what I needed when trying to catch up from being on vacation. Ollie was in hockey camp this past week, so I was up at 5:00 a.m. each morning and had to have everything done and be out the door with him by 7:30 at the latest. Coach brought him back to the shop each day around 1:00 and he had to wait until around 2:45 for me to come and get him after work. Monday he had to come back to work with me and we didn't get out of there until after 7:00 p.m. because of the server upload. So it was a week of a new server, hockey camp, 2 nights of hockey clinic and a lot of craziness. I think we'll be glad for a "normal" week this week.... whatever normal is! LOL

The new stove is working great. I've made two batches of cookies. Woo hoo with convection I can do three pans of cookies at once. Hubby bought me new cookie sheets ... I found some like my old favorite ones. Wow the cookies don't stick to the new ones. Guess I've really worn the old ones out. I've also made a couple of peach cobblers and quite a few dinners. Still getting used to the stove top burners (different sizes, etc.), but I've got the oven down. I used the convection roast for some small red potatoes the other night. WOW did they turn out yummy.

I'm replacing my sampler at Digitals sometime in the next day or so. It's zipped and ready to go, I just need to upload to the store and have Stacey swap it over. This one coordinates with my Fresh Meadow kit. I need to zip up the entire Retro Christmas Cosmo Cricket Jack Album and get that in the store too. I have a Dream Your Own Monogram for School set in the works and hope to complete it soon. Other than that, I need to get going on some kits.

I did finish my piece for the August challenges as Digitals. Since I host the Scraplift Challenge, I get to give my own piece away each month. I'm super happy with what I just finished. We did a bithday kit and it's really great. If you participate in all the challenges you come out with a huge coordinating mega kit. It's a great deal!

Not much scrapping going on and I'm feeling the need to take some time and scrap. I did go ahead and do the August wallpaper for hubby. We are going to the Boston area for Labor Day weekend and he wanted something about Boston. Here's what I came up with this morning.
I used the bulletin board from my Class Act kit, star brads, ribbon and staples from Freedom Rings. The pennant and calendar are new pieces that don't have a kit at the moment.
Ok, Ollie is hungry. Better round up hubby and head out for a late lunch/early dinner. Maybe I'll get some scrap and/or design time in this evening. Think I'll leave my portable drive to do a back up while we run out.
Hugs!

No comments: